Saturday, December 20, 2008

There's more than one important birthday in December!

I've made it a point to celebrate my birthday at least three times during my birthday week. It's the best way for me to come to terms with the fact my youth is leaving me fast.

Birthday 1: Trip to Kansas City

I went up to KC to visit some super awesome people who treated me like a princess and gave me the royal treatment for the night, starting by giving me Gerbera Daisies (my favorites!)

We went to a country bar where I rode a mechanical bull for the first time. Turns out there is one situation where wearing spandex isn't the best choice afterall. (It's when you don't want to be sliding around on a mechanical bull.) Needless to say my rodeo dreams are shattered.


The bull was followed up by dancing to 80s and early 90s music until 3 in the morning, which really is probably the best thing to do ever (especially when you have a gaggle of good looking mens to shake it with).



I highly recommend a trip to Kansas City. They take you to dinner, buy you cake and ice cream, and cook you breakfast the next day there. Thanks Val.

Birthday 2: Crunkfest in Fayetteville

We went out to Electro night at George's and I got some good dancing in yet again. BUT, I also got some good shots in, which is why you only see one picture below of Shenan, Laura, and I throwing out our Blue Steel faces. I didn't even make it until midnight. Shenan was able to pour a bunch of pepper flakes used on pizza in my mouth though before I left, so that was fun.


Birthday 3: Dinner with the fam at Sho Gun

We had a good time. The chef made a dead lobster act like a puppet and say "happy birthday" to me. It made me feel special. You know what else made me feel special? The food poisoning I got the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home