Wednesday, February 22, 2006

On a more serious note

Today I suddenly remembered that my stillborn nephew would have been two this week. And I just have to be yet more amazed by the power of our minds, and realize how shallow I have been lately. I have experienced real hurt and loss. My mind has let me forget those feelings to allow me to continue being a functional human. But I don't want to forget those feelings because they help put life in perspective. Of late, my biggest concerns have been what to wear, where to go out, how to lose more weight, why can't people be honest, why does he even call if he's just going to give me the brush off, what am I doing, and so on and so forth. These things should not even be allowed to upset or frazzle me when I know real hardships are out there. Thank you Sascha for helping me remember. I love you forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home