Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Emotions in a bottle

I just realized this is the second post with "emotion" in the title, but I diverge. I got four new cds yesterday, and I realized that if I had to choose one feeling to feel for the rest of my life, it would be the one I get the moment that I hear a new song that I fall in love with. As the song goes on, I am both happy and satisfied that I am enjoying it and curious and anxious to hear what comes next, and the moment it ends I want to immediately hear it again. I had an assignment in college once where I had to choose one form of art and argue why I thought it was the most important. I chose music, even though I was in a film class and my professor was (and still is) a world famous poet and film director. That feeling is a serene, melancholy, happiness mixed with the right amount of energetic excitement that I thrive on. If I could bottle that feeling, I would become an addict who couldn't drink enough of that sweet stuff.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friend, your neighbors sounds just atrocious! when I opened the door to your apartment, someone said "hello" so i said "hello" and a man started talking. i then realized is was your neighbor in his apartment talking on the phone. he must realize the walls are thin and that all sort of voice/sound waves carry right through to the other's room. What a MIM! Have some consideration and if you want to play Scotish tunes wait until st. Patty's Day....it's only a week away! Party on Apey!

8:40 AM, March 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home