Thursday, October 05, 2006

A grammar rule I disagree WITH

I am currently studying for the GMAT. I've decided working full time is for suckers and school is where it's at. Plus, in order for me to get my claws even deeper into corporate America, I need a MBA, and I am a huge nerd and love school and being a student. Part of the test consists of sentence correction, which requires knowledge of the rules of grammar. I already feel like I have a pretty good grasp on them thanks to my high school AP Language and Composition teacher, even though I tend to break them frequently. One rule I break often is the one about not ending a sentence with a preposition. If ever I felt strongly about the rules of grammar, it would be here. I think most of my best stated sentences end with prepositions, and I refuse to change my grammar breaking ways. Can anyone plead this rule's case for me? I doubt any argument would be strong enough to sway my opinion. Now, I must get back to my studying and becoming even more nerdier. Next topic: The differences between lay and lie. What's up with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home