Wednesday, September 06, 2006

West Coast Love

I went to L.A. over Labor Day weekend. Finally. For the past three years, my college roommate and I have been trying to plan a vacation that would include a beach. I like the city of angels a whole heck of a lot more than I thought I would. I have four really good friends from either high school or college out there. We truly had a good time. I won't give you all the details. They are just typical going out and getting rowdy shenanigans. They are hilarious, but I am too lazy to share. There are loads of pictures, but you have to be on Facebook to see them all. Haha.

Day 1: Surfing lesson at Manhattan Beach followed by going out to The Shore in Hermosa.





Okay, me on a surfboard in the ocean is a BIG deal. I have a phobia (not fear) of sharks. This is a big achievement for me, so next time you see give me my due props for balling up and getting out there.


Some guy at The Shore asked me if I like poles insinuating that I should dance like a stripper around one, but I said, "no, I prefer Americans." I am so clever and witty. I win. Also, here is a good trick to use when you are out at a club and your friend is meeting you but must wait in line. First, make friends with a manager or someone with clout who hangs out by the door. Next, go up to the bouncer and tell him that the manager/clout person told you it was okay to let a person cut line. The bouncer will ask who. Call out to the manager/clout person and just wave. When manager/clout person waves back, the bouncer lets your friend cut line. Ta-da! I win again.



Day 2: Laying out at Santa Monica followed by a barbeque and going out in West Hollywood where I met a gay male model who is the most gorgeous person I have laid eyes on in "real life". You would know him if you ever watched the Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency show on the Oxygen Network.



We made up a new picture taking game. We call it progressions. This is the only progression I will allow online. We call it, "hot dog consumption at a bbq".




Can I keep him? Please.



Introducing A Train, K Shack, and S House:


We were losers by the end of that night, but...


Greg and Ito were ROCK STARS!


Day 3: A nice breakfast in Beverly Hills followed by a night club during the day with dollar beers at the Dragon, followed by sobering up in time for a nice meal and going to a comedy club. The comedy club was a little empty, and the most famous comic we saw there was Bobby Lee (the Korean on MAD TV). If you are in LA, go to the Dragon on a Sunday. You will not regret this decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home