Saturday, August 05, 2006

When it's not cool to be cool

My friend just returned to Tulsa from his summer vacation (he is still in school, so still gets those sort of things - lucky). We were exchanging our outrageous summer escapades, and he won. And I want to share a tale, even though it really didn't happen to him. He was just a witness.

My friend was at his friend's house, whose neighbors were having a party, which was too loud for a different neighbor. Now, normally I would say the cool thing to do if someone's party noise is extremely bothering you (if it's not extremely bothering you, then just ignore it), is to go ask the party people to keep it down in a polite manner. The uncool thing to do is to immediately call the cops without asking someone to keep it down first. In my opinion, that is. Anyway, some guy who was bothered by this party's noise, who I am assuming is cool, went over to the house hosting the shindig to ask them to lower the volume. AND THEY SHOT HIM! Luckily, they did not kill him. My friend noticed the commotion once several police arrived on the scene, where he then got the details that have been passed along to me. All I can say is, "holy cow." Next time, you are extremely bothered by a party, perhaps it is best to be uncool and let the po-pos handle it, or just go stay at a friend's, or a hotel even. Loud noise isn't worth getting shot over any more than spilled milk is worth crying over. In my opinion, that is.

And in other news, I am the worst interior decorator I know. This weekend, I will have just finished moving into a house. My bedroom looks like blue cotton candy exploded all over the place mixed with smurf vomit from a smurf who ate blue pastel Easter eggs. The good news is the rest of the house looks good, and it is only a few blocks away from Brookside. Let the games begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home