Saturday, July 22, 2006

Raise your hand if you've been thrown from a moving vehicle

Imagine both my hands extendend straight up in the air, waving furiously. I went out tonight with my friends who I now lovingly refer to as the Shmu Cru. The earlier portion of the evening is a whole other escapade filled with skanks which may be revealed later. However, for now we will be discussing the drive home. As we we came upon a red light, the driver (completely sober I want to add because being safe is cool) yells, "Chinese fire drill". Two other ladies and myself get out of the car and run around and begin to re-enter. I run from one side of the back seat, behind the car, to the other side. I dive in. My upper body lands in the seat. Just as I begin to crawl completely into place, I feel a jerk. My first thought was, "how funny, the driver is playing a joke." That thought quickly disappeared as I watched the car speed away and I remained lying on the pavement, stunned. Apparently, a rule I never learned about Chinese fire drills is the last person gets left behind. If only I had known, I wouldn't have been sitting in the middle of the street with road rash on my palms and knees trying to figure out exactly what the hell happened to make me go from halfway on a soft back seat to a hard asphalt landing watching two red tail lights speed away. The driver, did not realize what had happened, and in his defense would not have ever purposely done such a thing. I hope. Luckily, there was no oncoming traffic, and the car behind us was in our party. I hopped in with them and rode merrily all the way home, laughing hysterically like a hyena about the events that had just progressed. My friends in the Chinese Fire Drill vehicle apologized profusely and made sure I was okay, but I figured falling out of the car is a much better story than just running around it in a circle.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

for the record, fire drills in China are not done like this. They usually turn back around and run over you and blame it on the Commies :)

10:30 AM, August 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home