Wednesday, July 19, 2006

"You're more than just a post man,"

is what the lady in front of me in the mail line said to our building's post man today. I wanted to reach up and slap her off her high horse. Let me explain, or rather let me shed some more light on the situation. If you don't know why such a comment would entice me to want to slap decency into another person, than perhaps you too, also need a smack. I work in a building downtown and all the offices in my building and a couple nearby buildings get their mail from the 8th floor of my building. The guy who gives us our mail is probably the best human being I've ever been in contact with. Everyone walks away, mail in tow, with smiles on their faces. He is one of those people that make others say, "if everyone was like him, the world would have no problems" (except what to do with all the warm fuzzies). Anyway, I just hate it when people think they are better than others, and she obviously thinks she is supreme to postal workers and probably most others she comes across in her daily routine (you're more than just a banker, a beautician, a secretary, a company president, a security guard, a child's teacher, a parking lot attendant, a human being). And since she is an Oklahoman idiot (not saying I'm better than her or Oklahoman idiots though), she thought she was giving a compliment. Stepping off my soap box...now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home