Saturday, March 01, 2008

Lakmé

I went to go see this opera last night, and though I feel it was a failed attempt to recreate Romeo and Juliet in 19th century British occupied India, and Lakmé (spoiler alert) jumps the gun when she eats the poisonous flower, the music is quite beautiful. Here is some culture for all of you. I give you the famous Flower Duet.


And in other music news, here is a parody:

I like them black squirrels
I like them white squirrels
I like them Asian squirrels
I like them mixed race squirrels
I like them Spanish squirrels
I like them Italian squirrels
I like them French squirrels
And I like Scandinavian squirrels


I like them tall squirrels
I like them short squirrels
I like them brown hair squirrels
I like them blonde hair squirrels
I like them big squirrels
I like them skinny squirrels
I like them carrying a little bitty weight squirrels


I bet while reading this, you were thinking, "Oh look, April got all sophisticated and cultured on me, but wait, nope, there it is. That squirrel business. She's still just as immature and ridiculous as ever."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home