Monday, April 03, 2006

The First One Bites the Dust

This past weekend I went to HOTlanta for the first of four weddings I am going to this year. It was such a good trip; a mini old school TU track team reunion. I do have to wonder though, why is Atlanta where all the playas play? In my opinion, that city smells like urine and is accurately referred to as the Dirty South. We actually stayed in Decatur, which fortunately didn't smell like pee, but instead smelled like dogwood trees. I understand what people mean now when they use the term "Southern charm". The wedding was fun and fabulous, and set the bar high for the other three.

Friday night before the wedding. All I can say about this night is "yikes". Well, I can say a lot more, but am not going to.


It's always important to get in your gay wrestling matches before a wedding.


The groom.


Andy, Ben, and Blake. So handsome in their suits.


No wedding can be complete without a lion watching over the ceremony. We named him Larry. (The wedding was at a natural history museum. There were dinosaurs too, but they weren't next to the altar like Larry was.)


Dille and me.


We ended the night forcing our English friend, Andy (with a little help from Aaron), to sing Rapper's Delight at the reception. He made the mistake of singing us that song five years ago and we haven't forgotten that he knows all the words. English people rapping is funny.


I took this picture, because at the time we were both talking on the phone to the same two people on a 3-way call. I thought it was ridiculous because we were sitting next to each other and talking on the phone to each other at the same time. We were those rude cell phone people at the airport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home