Sunday, April 30, 2006

Yeah, yeah, yeah, OKC Marathon

I met the devil today, and his name was "the last five miles of the Oklahoma City Marathon". It took me 3 hours and 49 minutes to run the 26.2 miles, which is an average of 8:46 minute mile pace, but I ran the first 21 miles at an average of 8:20 minute pace. I'm pretty pleased with my results considering how much I undertrained for this thing, and apparently it is the four hour mark that separates the runners from the joggers, so my time is respectable in the marathon world. So everyone can just cram that in their cramholes and smoke it, and then bow down to me as supreme goddess and admire my amazingly hard core awesomeness. Hahaha. "J" slash "K"!

Before (If only I knew what was about to go down, only one of those thumbs would be up):



Middle: (Actually, only about 8 miles in - that's why I'm still smiling)


After (I seriously couldn't walk for a good twenty minutes):


But at least I didn't have to deal with "monkey butt", which is apparently a problem for truck drivers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I am soooo impressed. You definatly kicked my tail, I trained fairly well and barely broke 4.5 hours. Just goes to show you are a born runner! If you're re-cooped by this weekend (or the following weekend) we'll go for a celebratory 1-miler. See you soon!
Crystal

11:13 AM, May 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home