Monday, February 19, 2007

Well hello, Tibialis Anterior


The tibialis anterior is the muscle on the front part of our lower legs, and the source of about 65% of the pain I am experiencing when I walk. But not to be completely outdone, the other 35% of my body is hurting a fair amount too. I played my first ultimate frisbee tournament this past weekend in Baton Rouge, and I feel like what I imagine someone who is sore from getting hit by a car might feel. My body is definitely used to running, but not the fast little sprints and cuts made in ultimate. And though I've been playing for a couple months now, I definitely wasn't used to playing four games in a row, which has most definitely led to the hinderance in my walking ability today. Yet, on a good note, I loved every second of the tournament. I picked up with a North Texas team, Envy, and we had a good time. The first day, we went 2 and 2, and then lost our first game the next day and were done. We might have been able to do better, but I don't think we could have had any more fun. The North Texas girls are a good group.


There was a party Saturday night which had a nice spread and an awesome blues band, who was a bit shocked to find people dancing to their music. They probably should move to Arkansas or Tulsa, where they'll be better appreciated.
Roasted pig:

I think Lizzie and I won overall. I'm not quite sure what we won, but we did:
Joel definitely did not win though. He got hit in the eye and the throat with a disc:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home