Monday, November 06, 2006

Arbon at the Marine Corps

If you didn't know, this past weekend was the birthday for the Marines. This special day is celebrated across the nation with formal birthday parties. A friend of mine is in the Marine Corps and I went along to the party, which included the most ceremoniously cutting of a birthday cake I've ever seen. About six marines march a cake down an aisle laced with more Marines holding swords in the air. Then a couple Marines cut the cake using not a regular cake cutting knife, but a HUGE SWORD. My friend was involved with much of the ceremony, which left me to wander around the hotel (i.e. go straight to the bar). That's where I met a lady from Phoenix who sells Arbon products and is going to send me some of the latest in skin care products. Score!

Two observations from the evening:

1. The Marines have a really rich history full of tradition.

2. Marines have really big ears. (You could argue it's because they have their heads shaved, but I argue that people with big ears join the Marines.)



Edit: I just got my free Arbon and it is actually Arbonne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home