Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I'll tell you what Brown can do for me...

They can get their act together and then go drive all their UPS trucks off a cliff or straight into the ocean, along with all the competent folks at Best Buy. Let me explain. So, about a month ago some weird electrical ongoings on went in my house. One of the results (among a small fire) was that my computer stopped turning on. Boo. The good news is that it is still under full warranty. I dropped it off the Wednesday before Thanksgiving at Best Buy so they could fix it. While I was there, I updated my address, but was also told they would give me a call when I could come pick it up (this is crucial later in this rant).

Yesterday, I still hadn't heard from the computer people, so I called for an update. I learn that my computer had to be sent away to be fixed. I also learn that it is fixed, and has been shipped and delivered by UPS. There are two problems here: 1. They never notified me, and 2. It was not delivered to ME! This is what happened:

Best Buy shipped it to the wrong address because I guess they just didn't believe me when I told them I had a new one. UPS realized I didn't live where Best Buy told them to send the computer. UPS decided the best way to find out where I live was to try and find out by themselves (both of these organizations have my phone number). They somehow found the address of the house I lived in three years ago. I ended the day with UPS having established that they had delivered my computer to my old house and someone had signed for it, and it was residing there with who I assumed to be computer thieves (because who takes a package that isn't theirs unless you are a thief!). UPS was going to track it down and get back to me in the morning.

This morning, when I hadn't heard back from UPS or Best Buy, I decided to call my old landlord to see if he could help. He gave me the phone numbers of the girls who I thought had my computer. I called them to discover that indeed UPS had tried to deliver my computer to them, but they sent it back. A few days later, UPS tried to give them the computer again, which they sent back again. I call UPS to inform them of their incompetencies, and discover that my computer is at their station awaiting my pick-up. Was anyone going to tell me they found it?

I plan on picking it up today, and then telling Brown they ought to go jump off a cliff. My guess is also that the computer isn't fixed, and I will have to return to Best Buy to tell them the same. Arrrgggghhh!! Though, I'm also tempted to tell Best Buy I never received my computer and they owe me $1,000 in store credit, which I will then use to do some Christmas shopping and buy a Wii. Too bad I could never do it. I need looser morals.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So UPS's job is to hold your package for you to come pick up? That's a delivery service? Don't pick it up! Make them deliver it!

4:55 PM, December 12, 2006  
Blogger April said...

i would, but i don't trust them to deliver it to my correct address.

8:35 AM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger Ashley said...

Brown doesnt GAF about your computer and neither do I

1:42 PM, December 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home