Friday, March 30, 2007

Finally, mystery solved

One of the many (yes, I said "many") great things about Tulsa is the ballet. I think it is superb, especially coming from a city Tulsa's size. So anyway, a couple years ago I went to my first Tulsa ballet performance and mid-pirouette I wondered if male ballerinas were called ballerinos. Everyone I've queried up until last night was not sure, and I've never been bothered to do any research into the matter either. So it was to my upmost delight that last night I met a member of the Tulsa ballet and was able to ask him if male ballerinas are called ballerinos. I am almost 100% positive that I semi-offended him and 100% positive that he thinks I am a moron, BUT, the answer to my question that has plagued me for almost three years is "no". Male ballerinas are simply called dancers. I also call them majorly hot, but unfortunately, I have to call most of them majorly gay as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home