Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Huh?

Sometimes, we say really stupid things. Today, as I was walking back to my office from lunch, I overheard a girl say to her friend, "Do you know how many people would die to get that job?" And I immediately thought, "None. If you died, you wouldn't need a job." But then I thought, "Well, maybe she was talking about getting a job as a ghost or a rotting corpse, and she's not as stupid as she sounds afterall. Plus, who I am to assume I know what goes on after we die?" But just as my faith in human intelligence had become somewhat restored, the lady I was in the elevator with randomly says, "A bridge luncheon? Like I'd really like to spend my day doing that." Was this her way of making conversation? And where in the left of left fields did that gem come from?

The lift stopped at her floor before I got the chance to agree with her though. If you're going to play cards at a luncheon, you should be playing poker, not bridge, Texas Hold 'Em to be specific.

1 Comments:

Blogger sfine said...

I still want to learn how to play bridge. You get to talk about things like "non-simultaneous double squeeze" and everyone knows you're talking about card set-ups. Unless you wink.

9:59 PM, March 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home