Tuesday, January 09, 2007

It was only appropriate to end it this way

I ended 2006 by going to my 6th wedding of the year in St. Louis. I was a bridesmaid (like always, tear) in one of my best friend's from college very lovely Catholic wedding. The bride was a team mate of mine at TU and is now one of the top women triathletes in the U.S. (and I know her). Like all the previous weddings of 2006, we had a great time.

We started on Thursday night by taking Sarah (the bride) out for a bachelorette night out. It was relatively tame as far as bachelorette parties go, because we were nice and didn't make her do anything embarassing. I have decided that from now on, I am wearing a veil when I go out. The reason? As soon as the bouncer at the club saw that we were a bachelorette party, he cut us in line, didn't charge us cover, got us a personal host who took us straight to the bar, gave us a free bottle of champagne, free drinks, and free shots throughout the rest of the night.

The club was a bit skeezy, but the DJ was playing good tracks and we had fun dancing and making fun of all the skanks. The club we were at encourages girls to dance on the bar. At one point in the night, the DJ called for the bachelorette party to come dance on the bar while he would get us more champagne. One girl, not with the party, jumped up with us to ride our free booze train. Can you tell who doesn't belong?


Then, there was the wedding. Everything went smoothly and looked gorgeous. I have definitely learned from my past bridesmaid mistakes, and was on my best behavior. I did dance on a table with the bride's father though, but how can you not when the DJ plays Footloose?

I used to get called Sarah a lot because of these two.

Limo busses are the way to go.

The couple. They are so athletic.

This girl and I had to walk about a mile and a half back to a car after the reception. = Not fun.
Here, you see the only chocolate to be found at the wedding.
BBH for life.

And then it was 2007. We actually had a low key night. The weather was cold and wet, so we all hung out in the hotel, played games, and then watched the fireworks at midnight. Right after the fireworks, I was challenged to a beer chugging contest by the father of the bride. I lost and had to do 20 boy push-ups, which are really hard to do with big hoop earrings that keep hitting the floor. And after chugging a beer.


Have you figured it out yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home